|Other Name||Suchithra Chanthu Instagram – Suchithra Nair|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms-65 kg
in pounds-143 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-30-38|
|Debut||Malayalam TV Show: Krishna Kripa Sagaram (as Durga)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Won the Best Actress in a Negative Role Award for Vanambadi as Padmini “Puppy” Mohankumar at the 11th Asianet Television Awards 2018
• Nominated for the Best Actress in a Negative Role Award for Vanambadi as Padmini “Puppy” Mohankumar at the 10th Asianet television awards 2017 and at the 12th Asianet Television Awards 2019
• Won the Best Actress Award for Vanambadi as Padmini “Puppy” Mohankumar at the 12th Asianet Television Awards 2019
• Nominated for the Best Actress Award for Vanambadi as Padmini “Puppy” Mohankumar at the 10th Asianet television awards 2017
• Nominated for the Popular Actress Award for Vanambadi as Padmini “Puppy” Mohankumar at the 11th Asianet Television Awards 2018 and at the 12th Asianet Television Awards 2019
|Date of Birth||28 May 1996 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||28 Years|
|School||St.Mary’s Increased Secondary School, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala|
|College/University||Mar Ivanios College, Trivandrum|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian citation|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Vikraman Nair (Businessman)
Mother– Prasanna (Housewife)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suchithra Nair
- Suchithra Nair is an Indian television actress, who works predominantly in the Malayalam industry.
- She loved acting since childhood. In an interview. she revealed,
I always loved to act. I requested my family friend who was in the TV industry at the age of 6 and he gave a chance to act in a small video. Later, when directors approached me to play a goddess on-screen, my parents couldn’t stop me even if they don’t support me to have a career in acting,”
- She was inspired by the Telugu actress Bhanupriya and took classes for 9 years from the popular dancer Neena Prasad to learn the Mohiniyattam dance. The Times of India
- Her dance got her the opportunity to act in Amrita TV’s mythological show, Krishana Kripa Sagaram. She essayed the role of goddess Durga when she was in the sixth standard.
- She then featured in various mythological shows after doing Krishana Kripa Sagaram, which resulted in her getting typecasted for similar roles. The Times of India
- In a media interaction, Suchithra disclosed that she faced a lot of criticism, both constructive and non-constructive, at the beginning of her career. She admitted that she was not well versed with the acting part in the beginning and was only good at dance. She said,
I came to acting through dance. At first, did not know how to act. Went with acting passion and was put away from a lot of places. have heard many people say, ‘That kid doesn’t know how to act.”
- With the show Kalyanasaugandhikam, she decided to play the antagonist contrary to her image at that point. In an interview, she said,
I desperately wanted to do something different. So I shifted my focus onto family dramas. Durga represents power and my experience helped me too. Thus, playing a vamp was never tough,”
- In 2018, she won a beauty contest conducted by Metro Manorama.
- Following Kalyanasaugandhikam, Nair was offered to play the antagonist character Padmini aka Pappi in ‘Vanambadi’. She accepted the role and emerged as one of the cruellest vamps or ‘Villathi’ on screen.
- In an interview, she said,
I am fortunate to be blessed with so much love for my character. They hate Padmini for torturing Anu, but they shower so much love upon me, The secret behind the on-screen chemistry between Mohan and Padmini is the friendship we share off-screen. Every time the director says ‘Action’, Sai says, ‘Come, let’s fight’. And soon after the shot ends, we start pulling each other’s legs,”
- In a media interaction, she shared that changing her choice of roles was not a particularly easy task for her. She said,
There is nothing more to be done while acting as a goddess. The look is important. When started acting in Vanambadi, at first went up to 25 take. I was in Devi’s hangover for the first two or three schedules Roughness in the look. When look at him when he asks me to give him a look, the director says, Goddess Goddess is coming That was slowly replaced Right now”
- According to Nair, she was the naughtiest person on the sets of her show, Vanambadi. In a media interaction, she expressed,
I am the naughtiest in the team. I pinch Gouri, fight with the light boys and make funny comments between the shots. Team Vanambadi is more of a family to me,”
- Even after the show went off-air, Nair’s character of Padmini remained popular among the fans; however, she decided to take a break from acting to focus on her dance practice. The Times of India In an interview, she stated,
I am not planning to commit to any serials soon. Due to the busy shooting schedules, I had to be away from my dancing stint. So, the first priority is my dance now. My teacher was eagerly waiting for the serial to end,”
- She debuted as an anchor in the show, ‘Start Music’.
- In 2022, she entered the Bigg Boss 4 (Malayalam) house as a contestant.
- In one of the episodes of Bigg Boss season 4 (Malayalam), the actress got candid and revealed about the first breakup of her life. The Times of India She said,
It was during my initial days in acting, that he contacted me and expressed his love. He even shared his wish to marry me with my parents. Eventually, I also fell in love with him. It was a beautiful time indeed. Once, I shared my wish to go on a ride and he took me on a bike to Kollam. From there we watched the movie ‘Ennu Ninte Moitheen”
She further stated,
Everything went smooth, but slowly we started having issues. He started doubting me and insisted to stop my acting career. Hence, I realized that this will not work and we broke up,”
- According to Nair, dance is her first love and acting made it difficult for her to focus on her dance lessons and practice. In an interview, she said,
Dance is my biggest passion but now due to prolonged shoots, I’m not able to do programs and practise regularly. But, it is the dancer in me who makes Padmini powerful,”
- Suchithra is known for her effortlessly beautiful saree looks. Her fashion statement including the ornaments and puff designed blouses in the show Vanambadi became a trend in Kerela. The Times of India In an interview, she expressed her love for jewellery and said,
Myself and my on-screen mother Pria Nair are very serious about our style. I adore her for the distinct styles she introduces each day, I spend almost Rs.20,000/- each month to buy ornaments for my character. I want to keep Padmini always special,”
- According to Suchithra, she wants to get married to a family man just like the lead character Mohan Kumar, in the television series Vanambadi. The Times of India She said in an interview that she would be more than happy to find a partner like Mohan Kumar, someone who loves his family and takes care of them. She said that she wants someone who takes care of her family as well.