Wife: Trishya Screwvala
Age: 33 Years
|Profession(s)||Actor, TV Presenter|
|Famous For||Being the son of the multiple Indian rallying champion Vicky Chandhok|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 175 cm
in meters– 1.75 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 9”
|Debut||Short Film: Johnny Vetrivel
Film (Tamil): Arrambam (2013)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Bagged the Oxford Cambridge Half-Blue award from the University of Adelaide of Cricketing Excellence (he is the first Indian to get this award) in 2007
• Awarded the Australian Alumni Excellence Award for Sports, Art & Culture in 2015
|Date of Birth||7 December 1987 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Sishya School, Chennai|
|College/University||University of Adelaide, Australia|
|Educational Qualification||Double Major Degree in Management and Marketing (Commerce) LinkedIn|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Watching Cricket|
|Tattoo||He has a tattoo on his right arm.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Trishya Screwvala (Daughter of Ronnie Screwvala, an entrepreneur & philanthropist)|
|Marriage Date||19 January 2017 (Thursday)|
|Parents||Father– Vicky Chandhok (Former racing and rally driver and the President of the FIA Asia-Pacific Rally Championship)
Mother– Chitra Chandhok
|Siblings||Brother– Karun Chandhok (F1 racer from India)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suhail Chandhok
- Suhail Chandhok is an Indian actor, TV presenter, and sports commentator.
- He grew up in a well-to-do family in Chennai.
- Born into a family with sports background, Suhail was inclined towards sports since childhood.
- He desired to make a career in sports from a very young age.
- While in school, Chandhok used to take part in sports like cricket and football.
- In 2009, Suhail made his sports debut by playing the Indian Premier League from the cricket team Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- In the same year, he played the Champions League Twenty20.
- After playing cricket for around two years, Suhail resigned from the game due to acute knee injuries and multiple surgeries.
- After giving up his cricket career, Suhail made a short film under the name ‘Johnny Vetrivel’ and uploaded it on YouTube. The video gained a lot of attention from the public.
- Suhail’s father shared the video with the actor Ajith Kumar who recommended his name for the Tamil film “Arrambam” (2013).
- In 2014, he featured in the film “Veeram” as Kumaran.
- Subsequently, he joined Star Sports as a commentator and hosted sports events of games like Cricket, Football, Hockey, and Pro Kabaddi.
- He has also presented some cricket tournaments like “ICC World Cup 2015,” “ICC T20 WC 2016,” “ICC Champions Trophy 2017” for Star Sports, and the “Indian Premier League.”
- Some of the international events hosted by him include “Rio Olympics 2016,” the global “FIA Formula E Series,” and the “French Open.”
- He is also a public speaker and has given speeches for events organized by brands like MRF, PUMA, TATA Motors, GQ India, and Premier Futsal.
- In 2016, Chandhok executed India’s first Periscope TV chat show “On The Ball with Suhail.” The show featured celebrities from across the film and sports industry.
- He has been a brand ambassador of brands like “Castrol Activ,” “StudyAdelaide,” “SportsNut App,” and “Omologato Watches.”
- Suhail has a good command over three languages- English, Hindi, and Tamil.
- He is very particular about fitness and follows a strict workout regimen.
- Suhail loves dogs and keeps sharing his pictures with dogs on his Instagram account.
- During one of his interviews, Suhail shared his experience of playing cricket for the IPL team Royal Challengers Bangalore. He said,
One moment, I was a kid growing up idolising Anil Kumble and the other moment to have him bowling to you in the nets and as your captain is a surreal feeling.”
- In his interview, Chandhok shared that although Sachin was his favourite sportsman he had a poster of Andy Flower (Zimbabwean cricketer) on his wall instead of Sachin Tendulkar.