|Profession(s)||Actor and Comedian|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 158 cm
in meters– 1.58 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 50 kg
in pounds– 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Debut||Film (As a Child Actor): Mann (1999) as Neha
Film (As a Lead Actor): Aakhari Decision as Mansee (2010)
TV (As an Actor): Kasamh Se as Nivedita Deb (2006)
|Awards||• 2014: Best Ensemble Cast for Comedy Nights with Kapil
• 2015: Nominated for Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Comedy) for Comedy Nights with Kapil
• 2017: Nominated for Best Actor in a Comic Role (Female) for The Kapil Sharma Show
|Date of Birth||24 June 1988 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|School(s)||• Red Hill School, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
• Loreto Convent Intermediate College, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
• Jai Hind College, Mumbai (class 11 and class 12 in arts)
|College/University||Jai Hind College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics Sumona Chakravarti Blogspot|
|Ethnicity||Bengali Bengali Indian Express|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Telly Chakkar|
|Tattoo(s)||• On her back near to neck
• On her right leg
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Gaurav Chopra (rumoured; actor) Hindustan Times
• Samrat Mukherjee (rumoured; Bengali actor) Telly Chakkar
• Dushyant Singh (rumoured) Instagram- Sumona Chakravarti
|Parents||Father– Sujeet Chakravarti (works in Sri Lanka)
Mother– Shivargha Chakravarti
|Siblings||Brother– Shivargha Chakravarti (younger; works as a chef)
|Food||Butter Chicken with Butter Naan and Butter Garlic Prawns|
|Drink(s)||Virgin Mojito and Scotch|
|Scotch Brand(s)||Black Label and Double Black|
|Cuisine(s)||Chinese and Italian|
|Actor(s)||Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan|
|Actress(es)||Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sushmita Sen|
|TV Show(s)||Game of Thrones (2011), Homeland (2011), and House of Cards (2013)|
|Car Collection||Ferrai and Mercedes Jansatta|
|Income (as of 2020)||Rs.6 lakh- Rs.7 lakh per episode Jansatta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About I have no professional training in acting. I used to be a part of the drama in school and college. I was a very fair and chubby kid. So a lot of people asked
- Sumona Chakravarti is an Indian TV & film actor. She is well-known for appearing in the Indian TV comedy show ‘Comedy Nights with Kapil’ (2013).
- She shifted from Lucknow to Mumbai along with her parents in 1997.
- She wanted to become an actor since her childhood. In an interview, while talking about it she said,
I have no professional training in acting. I used to be a part of the drama in school and college. I was a very fair and chubby kid. So a lot of people asked my mom to put me in ad films. Slowly and steadily over the years, I knew what is it that I’m going to do with my life.”
- While she was in college, her friends used to call her Superstar. During an interview, while remembering her college days, she said,
I started working from a very young age. I used to act even while I was in college. All my friends would tease me. They all nick named me ‘Superstar’. Till date, if there is any article on me, I get a ping on BBM or on Facebook saying ‘Superstar’. The amount of publicity my friends would do telling anyone and everyone about me, was actually ridiculously funny. They definitely helped me get famous at least in college.”
- She has participated in various beauty pageants like Times of India Mr. and Miss Perfect (2004; stood second runner-up), Miss Mumbai beauty contest (2005), and Streax Savvy Cow Girl. Pinkvilla
- Sumona has played supporting roles in various Hindi TV serials such as ‘Barfi!’ (2012), ‘Kick’ (2014), and ‘Phir Se…’ (2015).
- She has also appeared in a few TV serials like ‘Sun Yaar Chill Maar’ (2007), ‘Kasturi’ (2007), ‘Sapno Se Bhare Naina’ (2010), and ‘Khotey Sikkey’ (2011).
- She gained immense popularity as Natasha Amarnath Kapoor in the Hindi TV serial ‘Bade Achhe Lagte Hain’ (2011).
- She has also performed in a few Hindi theatre plays such as ‘Da Dating Truths’ (2009) and ‘The Relationship Agreement’ (2016).
- Sumona acted in the TV comedy show ‘Kahani Comedy Circus Ki’ in 2012 along with the Indian comedian Kapil Sharma. She portrayed the character of Manju in the TV show.
- Some of her TV serials as an actor are ‘Jamai Raja’ (2015), ‘Dubai Diaries’ (2016), ‘Swiss Made Adventures’ (2016), and ‘Dev’ (2017).
- She has also appeared in various seasons of the TV comedy show ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ in 2018 and 2021.
- Since 2011, she has been suffering from a disease called Endometriosis. She has shared an Instagram post regarding hr medical condition. Nav Bharat Times She wrote,
The idea was to spread awareness about a health ailment #Endometriosis which is as common as PCOD/diabetes probably. Am glad a lot of young girls, women, doctors, husbands reaching out on behalf of their wives… have responded & realised how important it is to give it the medical attention it needs. As far as i’m concerned am doing okay. Been managing it medically for as long as i can remember. So thank u for all your duas & prayers. Peace & Love.”
- Sumona has worked as a model for various brands like Jaanvi Fashion and Hunar Designs.
- Sumona, along with Kapil Sharma, has appeared in a TV commercial for a Honda car.
- She is a spiritual person and is often spotted visiting temples.
- She is an animal lover. She has two pet dogs Rooney (died) and Bubbles.
- Sumona regularly visits the gym to maintain her fitness. In an interview, while talking about her fitness mantra, she said,
I don’t have any diet plan; I eat everything but avoid eating junk food, and have just homemade food. I also make it a point to eat in every two to three hours and never overeat.”
- In 2019, she shared an Instagram post sharing her decision to quit smoking. Earlier, a video of her from the sets of ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ went viral on social media in which she was spotted smoking a cigarette.
- She consumes alcohol while partying with her friends.
- In 2020, she talked about having no work. Due to the coronavirus pandemic. She said,
People think I am arrogant and will ask him for more money for work. but it’s not like that. I want to tell everyone that as an actor, I demand what I deserve. If the project is good then I am ready to negotiate and negotiate for it. My PR skills are not good and I realized this for a long time. Now I am trying to improve my approach further, meeting people. I am also calling and messaging them. Just understand that I am asking for work. There is no shame in asking for work. You need to prove yourself through your work and then everything else will be fine. Just working hard is not enough.”
- During an interview, she was asked about being joked on her lips by Kapil Sharma in the comedy shows. She replied,
I can take a joke and laugh at myself. I don’t believe in taking life too seriously when I have the option of laughing my way through it. I personally think that I am a decent looking person and Kapil’s comments on my lips or looks, in general, don’t make me insecure; it’s all in good humour. In fact, during a lot of our live events, men walk up to Kapil and tell him that he has a good looking (onscreen) wife and that if he doesn’t like her, they’ll be happy to marry her.”
- In 2021, she took to Instagram to share the news of buying a 1BHK flat in West Mumbai. She wrote,
I wanted to experience what it is like to run my own house. This is the first time I am living by myself, a bit late in life,” she said. Now, brokers at her society tell potential buyers that it’s where the Kapil Sharma Show actor lives I like my me time, my solitude. I can’t do with a lot of people. I knew I wanted to build something exactly to my liking. This is a small house, and I didn’t want too many walls.”