Height: 5′ 11″
Age: 32 Years
|Full Name||Suryakumar Ashok Yadav|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 42 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|International Debut||Test– Did Not Play
ODI– Did Not Play
T20– 14 March 2021 against England at Narendra Modi Stadium
|Coach/Mentor(s)||Vinod Yadav, Chandrakant Pandit, HS Kamath|
|Jersey Number||#77, 21, 212 (Domestic)|
|Domestic/State Team||India Under-23s, Kolkata Knight Riders, Mumbai, Mumbai Indians|
|Favourite Shot||Sweep shot|
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• In the 2011-12 Ranji season, he scored a blistering double-century against Orissa.
• He scored more than 1000 runs at the Under-22 level in the 2010-11 season and won the MA Chidambaram Trophy.
• He was the leading run-scorer for Mumbai in the 2011-12 Ranji Trophy season with 754 runs.
|Career Turning Point||Performance in the 2011-12 Ranji season.|
|Date of Birth||14 September 1990|
|Age (as of 2022)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Atomic Energy Central School, Mumbai|
|College(s)||Atomic Energy Junior College, Mumbai
Pillai College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)|
|Family||Father– Ashok Kumar Yadav (Engineer in BARC)
Mother– Swapna Yadav
Brother– Not Known
Sister– Not Known
|Address||A house in Anushakti Nagar, Chembur, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Gymming, Playing video games & guitar, Golfing, Watching football, Swimming, Reading|
|Tattoo(s)||Right shoulder– His parents’ face
Right forearm– An ambigram bearing the names of his parents, and a tribal tattoo
Left forearm– “Life is what you make it” written
Left leg– “Take one step at a time” written
Left arm and left part of chest– A tribal Maori-style tattoo
|Cricketer(s)||Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Gautam Gambhir
Bowler: Wasim Akram, Zaheer Khan
|Cricket Ground||Eden Gardens in Kolkata|
|Food||Biryani, Chinese cuisine|
|Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Film(s)||Om Shanti Om, Bajirao Mastani, Hera Pheri, Golmaal, Dhamaal, Andaz Apna Apna|
|Singer(s)||Sonu Nigam, Arijit Singh|
|Clothing Brand||Allen Solly|
|Football Team(s)||Manchester City F.C., FC Barcelona|
|Footballer(s)||Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Cristiano Ronaldo|
|Colour(s)||Electric Blue, Fluorescent Green & Yellow|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affair/Girlfriend||Devisha Shetty (Dance Coach)|
|Wife/Spouse||Devisha Shetty (m. 2016-present)
|Marriage Date||7 July 2016|
|Cars Collection||• BMW 5 Series 530d M Sport
• Toyota Fortuner
• Nissan Jonga (the SUV was used by the Indian Army) Zee News
• Porsche 911 Turbo (worth Rs 3.64 crore)
• Mercedes-Benz GLS (worth Rs 1.16 crores)
|Bikes Collection||Suzuki Hayabusa, Harley-Davidson
|Salary (as of 2018)||₹3.2 crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suryakumar Yadav
- Does Suryakumar Yadav smoke?: No
- Since his early childhood, he developed an interest in cricket and badminton. But one day, his father asked him to choose between cricket or badminton, so that he didn’t sail on 2 boats. After giving a lot of thought, he chose cricket.
- His paternal uncle, Vinod Yadav, was his first cricket coach.
- He was 10 years old when his family shifted to Mumbai from Varanasi. The same year, he started playing cricket for his school team.
- He received his cricket training from Dilip Vengsarkar’s ‘Vengsarkar Cricket Academy’ in Mumbai.
- On his debut for Mumbai in the First-Class season against Delhi in 2010, he scored a quick 73 runs off 89.
- He met his wife Devisha for the first time in 2012 at the R.A. Podar College Of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai. Devisha got impressed by Suryakumar’s batting, while, Suryakumar got flattered by Devisha’s dance.
- Though he was first signed by ‘Mumbai Indians’ for the 2012 IPL season, he hardly got a chance to play for them, as he was overshadowed by the likes of Sachin Tendulkar, Rohit Sharma, Mahela Jayawardene, and Kieron Pollard.
- His fortunes changed in 2015 when he was signed by ‘Kolkata Knight Riders.’ He didn’t let them down as he scored a match-winning 46 runs off 20 balls against Mumbai Indians at the Eden Gardens, Kolkata, and gained instant fame.
- He is known for his signature ‘sweep shot’ that he plays against fast bowlers to hit 6s over the deep square leg.
- He resigned as the Mumbai Ranji captain because of his attitude issues.
- His first car was a Hyundai i20.
- He is a huge fan of comedy films and has seen ‘Hera Pheri’ (2000) more than 500 times.
- To increase physical and mental energy, he carries out different types of vigorous exercises than easy workouts.
- He doesn’t like English songs at all.
- If not a cricketer, he would have been a pilot.