Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 50 Years
|Profession(s)||Lyricist, Playback Singer, Writer, Assistant Director, Actor, Dialogue Writer|
|Famous For||For writing the songs, “Bande Me Tha Dum…Vande Mataram” from the film, ‘Lage Raho Munna Bhai’ (2006) and “Behti Hawa Sa Tha Woh” from the film, ‘3 Idiots’ (2009)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||Film (Lyricist, Singer, Associate Director, Actor)): Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi (2003)
Film (Music Director): Striker (2010)
TV (Lyricist): Satyamev Jayate (2012)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• National Award for ‘Best Lyrics’ for the song “Bande Me Tha Dum” from ‘Lage Raho Munna Bhai’ (2006)
• National Award for ‘Best Lyrics’ for the song “Behti Hawa Sa Tha Woh” from ‘3 Idiots’ (2010)
• Screen Award for ‘Best Lyrics’ for the song, “Maanjha” from ‘Kai Po Che’ (2013)
• Screen Award for ‘Best Supporting Actor’ for the film “Chumbak” (2018)
• National Film Award for ‘Best Supporting Actor’ for the film “Chumbak” (2019)
|Date of Birth||29 April 1970 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|School||Shri Dayanand Higher Secondary School, Indore|
|College/University||BVM College of Management Education, Madhya Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Ethnicity/Caste||Marathi Hindustan Times|
|Hobbies||Listening to Songs, Reading Books, Writing|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Chintamani Kirkire (Bank Manager & Classical Singer)
Mother– Neelambari Kirkire (Administrative Officer & Classical Singer)
|Siblings||Swanand has one sister.
|Film Director(s)||Dibakar Banerjee, Rajkumar Hirani|
|Apparel Brand||Louis Vuitton|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Swanand Kirkire
- Does Swanand Kirkire smoke?: Yes
- Swanand Kirkire is an Indian lyricist, playback singer, writer, assistant director, actor, and dialogue writer.
- He was born and brought up in Indore. His parents were both into classical singing. So, he was already exposed to the music and its technicalities.
- After completing his graduation, his first job was to sell Eureka Forbes vacuum cleaners.
- After a few months, Swanand Kirkire applied in National School Of Drama but got rejected; as he had to have done at least ten plays.
- In the span of 2 years, he somehow performed in over 10 plays, and again applied in NSD and got selected in the second attempt.
- After completing a course in Design and Direction from NSD, he joined theatre and wrote and directed a few plays including a drama named ‘Ek Sapna’, based on the articles and documents written by ‘Shaheed Bhagat Singh‘.
- Swanand made his acting debut in professional theatre with Manav Kaul’s, “Colour Blind.”
- Director Manju Singh watched Swanand Kirkire’s play and offered him to write a script for a TV series. He moved to Mumbai and started working with Manju Singh.
- After completing the TV series, he became assistant to the famous filmmaker Sudhir Mishra.
- At the same time, he had written a song named ‘Baanwara Mann’. Actor Kay Kay Menon read the song and told Sudhir Mishra about the song. He liked the song and offered Swanand to include the song in the movie ‘Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi’. The song became a huge hit, and there was no looking back for him after that.
- Swanand Kirkire is a two-time winner of the national award for the best lyrics for his songs ‘Bande Me Tha Dum’ from ‘Lage Raho Munna Bhai’ and ‘Behti Hawa Sa Tha Woh’ from ‘3 Idiots’.
- Swanand has worked as a lyricist in many popular films, like Parineeta,” “Lage Raho Munna Bhai,” “3 Idiots,” “Lafangey Parindey,” “Singham,” “Kai Po Che!,” “Parched,” and “Fitoor.”
- He has also played small roles in films like “Eklavya: The Royal Guard,” “Crazy Cukkad Family,” “Saala Khadoos,” and “Badrinath Ki Dulhania.”
- He has done playback singing for more than 40 songs.
- He has also performed at Coke Studio and The Dewarists.
- Swanand Kirkire also likes to do acting and has appeared in a few films in small roles. He is also active in theatre and has acted in more than 20 plays across the country.
- He wants to direct a film in the coming future.
- He has done a few fundraiser shows (stage shows) to help underprivileged people.
- Swanand Kirkire has also done a few TV commercials, short films, and, web series and print shoots.
- He has also done script writing, dubbing and translation of scripts into the Hindi language.
- Swanand was a batch mate of the Bollywood actor, Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the National School of Drama.
- Kirkire has a good command over Hindi, English, and Marathi languages.
- In November 2017, he published his poetry book titled ‘Aapkamai’.