Age: 67 Years
|Profession(s)/Designation||Lawyer, Former Governor of Mizoram, Politician|
|Famous For||Being the husband of Sushma Swaraj|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet inches– 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 80 kg
in pounds– 176 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||12 July 1952 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||67 Years|
|College/University||• University of Delhi, Delhi, India
• Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
|Educational Qualification||A degree in Law|
|Hobbies||Reading, Listening to Music|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||13 July 1975 (Sunday)|
|Wife/Spouse||Sushma Swaraj (Politician)
Daughter– Bansuri Swaraj (Advocate)
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Swaraj Kaushal
- During the National Emergency (1975-77), Kaushal defended the socialist leader, George Fernandes in the Baroda dynamite case.
- He helped the former Chief Minister of Mizoram, Laldenga in the conspiracy trial in 1979. Thereafter, he became the constitutional adviser to the underground Mizo National Front during negotiations with the Govt. of India.
- Kaushal helped write the Mizoram Peace Accord, which ended the 20 years of insurgency.
- He was appointed the first Advocate General of Mizoram, the youngest-ever Advocate General in the country.
- On 20 December 1986, at the age of 34, Kaushal was designated as a senior advocate by the Supreme Court of India.
- At the age of only 37, he became the Governor of Mizoram, India’s youngest ever Governor of a state. He served the office from 8 February 1990 – 9 February 1993.
- From 1998 to 2002, he was a member of Haryana Vikas Party and got elected to the Rajya Sabha. From 2000 to 2002, Kaushal and Sushma were the members of the Rajya Sabha.
- He and Sushma Swaraj studied at Panjab University, Chandigarh where Sushma fell in love with him. Sushma loved him so much that she had to fight with her family to get married to Swaraj.
- On 6 August 2019, his wife, Sushma, died of a massive cardiac arrest.
- His wife, Sushma Swaraj was a prominent politician and was the youngest cabinet minister in the country in the Haryana Govt. at the age of only 25. She was also the first female Chief Minister of Delhi.
- His daughter, Bansuri Swaraj is a criminal lawyer and practises in the Delhi High Court and the Supreme Court of India.