Marital Status: Married
Age: 49 Years
|Famous For||Helping Jyotiraditya Scindia to begin his journey in Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Political Journey||• Joined Bharatiya Janata Party on 5 April 2014 as the National Spokesperson of the party
• In 2020, he was elected for the vacant Rajya Sabha seat from Uttar Pradesh
|Date of Birth||1971|
|Age (as in 2020)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Hazaribagh, Jharkhand, India|
|School||• KN Islamia High School, Hazaribagh
• Markham College Hazaribagh
|College/University||• Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
• Delhi University, New Delhi
• IIM Ahmedabad
|Educational Qualification(s)||• BSc and MSc from Aligarh Muslim UniversityJagran
• Ph.D. from Delhi UniversityJagran
• Executive MBA from IIM AhmedabadJagran
|Relationships & More|
|Wife||Name Not Known|
|Children||He has a son and a daughter|
|Parents||Father– Syed Nayeem Ahmed (Businessman)
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother– Syed Shahbaz Ghani (Businessman)
Syed Zubair Ahmed (BBC News Correspondent)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Syed Zafar Islam
- Syed Zafar Islam is an Indian politician who is a part of the Bharatiya Janata Party. He became a part of BJP on 5 April 2014 after quitting his job as the director of Deutsche Bank, India. He was appointed as the national spokesperson for the party.
- As he was working as a spokesperson for BJP, he was appointed as a non-official independent director for Air India in 2017. He was appointed as the director by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
- Syed Zafar was born in Hazaribagh, Jharkhand into the family of a local businessman, Syed Nayeem Ahmed. His father owned a business of dresses in the main market and later it was handed over to Zafar’s brother, Syed Shahbaz Ghani, and his nephew.
- Syed Zafar Islam completed BSc and MSc from Aligarh University and then shifted to Delhi University for a Ph.D. Later, he pursued an Executive MBA from IIM Ahmedabad and started working for Deutsche Bank. He was inspired by Narendra Modi‘s politics and decided to quit his job as the director of the bank after 15 years of service and joined BJP.
- Syed Zafar is actively involved in politics as he is always writing opinion pieces on different matters of politics and economic affairs for several national newspapers. He is also often seen on the television channels during political debates.
- Syed Zafar came into limelight when Jyotiraditya Scindia decided to join BJP after leaving Congress in 2020. Scindia and Zafar are close friends and in the past few months, Zafar was seen meeting with Scindia very often.
- When Scindia joined BJP, Syed was elected unopposed for the vacant Rajya Sabha seat from Uttar Pradesh on 4 September 2020. This seat was earlier held by Late Amar Singh.