|Full name||Tajinder Pal Singh Bagga Instagram- Tajinder Singh Bagga, Tejinder Pal Singh Bagga The Indian Express|
|Profession||Politician, Social Media Influencer|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• Joined the BJP’s youth wing, the Bharatiya Jana Yuva Morcha (BJYM), at the age of 16
• Became the spokesperson for the Delhi BJP in 2017
• Contested and lost the 2020 Delhi Legislative Assembly elections from Hari Nagar Assembly as a BJP candidate
• Appointed as the national secretary of BJYM in 2021
|Date of Birth||24 September 1985 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||36 Years|
|Hometown||Tilak Nagar, New Delhi|
|College/University||• Indira Gandhi National Open University, India
• National Defense University (Republic of China), Taiwan
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP) at Indira Gandhi National Open University, India
• Diploma in National Development Course at National Defense University (Republic of China), Taiwan Myneta
• A cooking course named “India’s favourite: Restaurant and homestyle dishes” from the Sanjeev Kapoor Academy
|Address||20B/91B Tilak Nagar, New Dehli, Dehli- 110018|
|Controversies||Operation Prashant Bhushan
On 12 October 2011, Tajinder Singh Bagga, along with other members of Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena (BSKS), attacked the Supreme Court lawyer and activist Prashant Bhushan inside the Supreme Court complex for his remarks on Kashmir. Bhushan had stated that he wanted the Armed Forces Special Powers Act to be revoked in Jammu and Kashmir at a press conference in Varanasi. Bhushan also called for a plebiscite in Kashmir, a statement which enraged Bagga who accused Bhushan of trying to break up India. Hindustan TimesAfter the assault, Bagga claimed the credit for it by posting a tweet that read,
“He try (sic) to break my nation, I try to break his head. Hisab chukta. Congrats to all. Operation Prashant Bhushan was successful.”
Later, he added,
“We hit Prashant Bhushan hard in his chamber in Supreme Court. If you will try to break my nation, I will break your heads.”
Arrested by West Bengal Police
Morphed Harish Rawat’s Picture as AMU founder Syed Ahmed
Defamation Case Against Subramanian Swamy
Inflammatory Statements Case
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Preet Pal Singh (runs a garments shop in Tilak Nagar)
Mother– Kamaljeet Kaur
|Assets||• Cash: Rs 10,000
• Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs 12,10,664
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares in companies: Rs 1,20,000
• Motor Vehicles: Rs 5,50,000 Myneta
|Net Worth (as of 2019)||Rs 13,15,171 Myneta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About image/jpeg
- Tajinder Singh Bagga is an Indian politician and social media influencer associated with the Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP). Bagga first made headlines in 2011 for attacking the Supreme Court lawyer Prashant Bhushan for calling for a referendum on Kashmir. He is the spokesperson for the Delhi BJP and in-charge of BJP Youth Uttarakhand. Apart from that, he is known for founding the ultra-nationalist outfit called Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena (BSKS).
- While talking about Bagga’s political awakening in an interview, his father said that Bagga had been an active member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) since his teenage days. Intrigued by politics, Bagga dropped out of school after Class 10 to become a politician. However, Bagga contradicted his father’s statement saying that he dropped out of school to lend a hand to his father in his garments business.
- Bagga is the founder of an e-commerce portal, ‘TshirtBhaiya’, which sells patriotic and Pro Modi merchandise including T-shirts and jewellery. His collection includes a T-shirt displaying the incident when the Army officer Major Leetul Gogoi used a human shield on his military jeep in 2017 against a mob.
- A staunch supporter of the BJP, Bagga also works as an editor for NaMo Patrika, an online portal started by the BSKS to highlight schemes and initiatives launched by the Modi government.
- In 2022, he established the food brand ‘Kulhad Biryani,’ which he has labelled “India’s First Jhatka Biryani Brand.” Bagga’s brand promotes Jhatka meat in which the animal is killed instantaneously, against halal meat, which is the opposite and usually consumed by the Muslim population. In an interview, while talking about his brand, Bagga said,
We have already received hundreds of franchise enquiries. In the next six months, we target to open multiple franchises in Delhi NCR. After a year, we may take Kulhad Biryani around India. For now, we want Kulhad Biryani to be added to the taste buds of the entire Delhi-NCR.”
- In the aftermath of Bagga’s arrest on 6 May 2022, the Delhi Police alleged that the Punjab Police did not notify them before taking Bagga into their custody. While addressing the media on the day of Bagga’s arrest, Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij, said,
This morning, we had received information from Delhi Police that Tejinder Bagga was abducted from Delhi in a Bolero vehicle. We were told that he was being taken in an illegal manner. Whatever instructions we received from Delhi Police, we abided by it. If there was any instance, an FIR could have been registered at Delhi, too. Why was an FIR registered on Bagga in Punjab. Is there any torture house of Aam Aadmi Party in Punjab?”
On the other hand, AAP leader Saurabh Bhardwaj defended Bagga’s arrest by Punjab Police and said,
Tajinder Bagga tweets to instigate violence in Punjab; it means BJP leaders in Delhi trying to spread communal violence in Punjab. Punjab Police working to maintain peace in the state. Delhi Police and Haryana Police trying to protect such gundas.”
- Bagga was one of the 150 social media influencers who attended Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s exclusive invite-only event called #super150. The event was organized on the sidelines of the Digital India initiative, and it was held at 7 RCR, New Delhi.
- In 2011, he interrupted the book launch ceremony of “Broken Republic: Three Essays” by the Booker-winning author Arundhati Roy citing that the content of the book was “anti-Indian Army and pro-Kashmir azaadi.”
- During the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Bagga assumed the responsibility of MP Parvesh Verma’s campaign in Delhi. He was credited for devising social media strategies for BJP.
- In 2020, he launched a campaign against Bollywood celebrity Deepika Padukone influencing people to boycott her films after she paid a visit to the Jawaharlal Nehru University in the aftermath of a mob attack on the campus. Bagga via his post alleged that Padukone was a supporter of the Tukde Tukde Gang.
- During the 2014 Lok Sabha polls, when Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar called Narendra Modi a ‘chaiwallah,’ Tajinder Bagga agitated against Aiyar by selling tea outside Congress headquarters wearing T-shirts with PM Narendra Modi’s face imprinted on them.
- He owns a Tata Nexon car.
- Numerous pictures on his social media handles depict that he is an adherent follower of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.