Some Lesser Known Facts About Talat Aziz
- Does Talat Aziz smoke?: Not Known
- Does Talat Aziz drink alcohol?: Yes
- Talat was born to a family that used to organize ghazal programs in their house by inviting ghazal singers and poets like Jagjit Singh, Jan Nisaar Akhtar (father of Javed Akhtar), which developed his interest in music at an early age.
- It was Jagjit Singh who suggested him to move to Mumbai, after which he took his music training from Kirana Gharana, Ustad Samad Khan, Ustad Fayaz Ahmed, Mehdi Hassan.
- In 1979, Jagjit Singh also helped him to release his first music album called Jagjit Singh Presents Talat Aziz.
- But, after that he struggled a lot for few years, after which he got his breakthrough with songs in films like Umrao Jaan and Bazaar.