Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 29 Years
|Nickname(s)||Tammy, Milk Beauty|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Model, Dancer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||33-28-35|
|Debut||Film Debut: Chand Sa Roshan Chehra (2005)
|Awards, Honours||• Kalaimamani Award for excellence in the field of art and literature (2010)
• B.Nagi Reddy Memorial Award for Contributions to Telugu cinema (2012)
• Dayawati Modi Global Award as Youth Icon of the Year for the Contributions in the field of Cinema (2017)
• Honorary Doctorate from CIAC, in association with KEISIE International University, South Korea for the contribution to Indian cinema (2017)
• Dada Saheb Phalke Excellence Award for her outstanding performance in Bahubali-the beginning (2018)
|Date of Birth||21 December 1989 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2018)||29 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Maneckji Cooper Education Trust School, Mumbai|
|College/University||National College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (Distance Education)|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Reading, Writing Poetry & Quotes|
|Controversies||• The director, Suraj, reportedly made some sexist remarks while talking about Tamannaah’s costumes in the film “Kathi Sandai,” which kicked up a controversy. Later, the actress made a Tweet seeking apology from the director not just to herself but to all women in the cinema industry.
• Tamannaah Bhatia landed into a controversy after the film producer, Salim Akhtar, filed a complaint against Tamannaah at the Association of Motion Picture and Television Programme Producers (AMPTPP) for breaking a Bollywood Contract. As per the contract, she was supposed to pay 25% of her remuneration for the next five years to Salim. But the actress never honoured the contract. The issue was later sent to the Kolkata High Court. However, her father said that Tamannaah did not sign any contract and that she was minor at the time of her film debut.
• In January 2018, an engineering student hurled a shoe at Tamannaah in Hyderabad while the actress was there to inaugurate a jewellery store. Though the shoe missed its aim, the actress was shaken by the incident. The miscreant stated that he was a huge fan of the actress and did the act as he was upset over her roles in films.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Virat Kohli (cricketer)
Name not known (USA based physician, rumoured)
|Parents||Father– Santhosh Bhatia (Diamond Merchant)
Mother– Rajani Bhatia (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother– Anand Bhatia (Elder)
|Favourite Actor(s)||Mahesh Babu, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood Films: Mughal-E-Azam, Dil To Pagal Hai, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
Hollywood Films: Titanic, Life is Beautiful, Erin Brockovich
Tollywood Film: Anand (Telugu)
|Favourite Colour(s)||Red, Blue|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Paris, Dubai, Kashmir|
|Salary (approx.)||1-1.75 Crore/film (INR)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tamannaah Bhatia
- Tamannaah belongs to a Punjabi family of Sindhi descent.
- At the age of 13, while Tamannaah was performing at her school’s annual function, she was noticed by a director who offered her a lead role in a film.
- Many think that Tamannaah migrated from the South Indian Film Industry to Bollywood, but she started her career with the Hindi film “Chand Sa Roshan Chehra,” which went unnoticed at the box office, and then, ventured into the South Film Industry.
- She has been a part of Mumbai’s Prithvi Theatre for a year.
- She was seen in Abhijeet Sawant‘s music video in 2005.
- Unlike many models who venture into the films after collecting suitable experience in modelling, Tamannaah, first featured into films and then endorsed various brands as a model.
- She started acting as soon as she completed her +2. She continued her further education through distance education mode.
- Her acting was first recognized in her debut Telugu film “Sri,” opposite Manoj Kumar in 2006.
- She considers Madhuri Dixit as her role model.
- After consulting a numerologist, she changed the spellings of her name from ‘Tamanna’ to ‘Tamannaah.’
- She is popular in Tamil and Telugu industries with the name ‘Milk Beauty,’ because of her white complexion.
- Tamannaah faced disappointment with her Telugu debut and moved to the Tamil Film Industry, where she became an instant hit. After doing a few projects in the Tamil Film Industry, she went back to feature in the Telugu Films and bagged many successful roles.
- In an interview, Tamannaah gave a statement that she would never wear a bikini on screen.
- Even though “Himmatwala”, her first commercial movie in Bollywood, met a disastrous end at the box office, she was offered good roles in subsequent movies.
- Some of her popular Tamil films are “Ayan,” “Paiyaa,” “Siruthai,” “Veeram,” “Dharma Durai,” “Devi,” and “Sketch.”
- Tammana has also featured in many successful Telugu films like “100% Love,” “Thadaka,” “Baahubali: The Beginning,” “Bengal Tiger,” and “Baahubali 2: The Conclusion.”
- She has endorsed many popular brands like “Celkon Mobiles,” “Fanta” and “Chandrika Ayurvedic Soap.”
- She has also walked the ramp for various fashion designers.
- Bhatia has featured on the covers of magazines like “FHM India,” “Lifestyle,” and “The Peacock Magazine.”
- In 2014, she featured in a PETA advertisement, encouraging people to purchase cosmetics that have not been tested on animals.
- In March 2015, Tamannaah was signed as the brand ambassador of the channel, Zee Telugu.
- In the same year, she launched a jewellery business named White-n-Gold. The brand had its stores in Mumbai and Banglore and the website was launched on 20 April 2015. Tamannaah was also the creative head of the brand.
- In 2016, Tamannaah was made the Brand Ambassador of the Government of India’s campaign Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao, an initiative of FOGSI.
- In 2018, she appeared in the opening ceremony of the IPL. Reportedly, she charged Rs. 50 lakhs for a 10-minute performance on four songs from different languages (Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, and Hindi).
- Tamannaah met Virat during the shoot of the Celkon mobile advertisement in 2012 and the duo allegedly fell in love with each other. The couple was rumoured to be dating each other for a while. However, the actress, later, denied all the dating rumours. India Today
- She was rumoured to be getting married to a Pakistani cricketer, Abdul Razzaq. It all started with a picture where the actress was seen shopping jewellery with the cricketer but the actress, soon, refuted all the rumours and clarified that Abdul was already married and had no romantic ties with her.
- According to some sources, Tamannaah was rumoured to be dating a USA based physician and was all set to tie the knot with him in 2019. While the actress herself never spoke about her relationship, her mother, Rajani apparently revealed it to a leading media portal that her daughter’s husband to be is very fond of her. However, later, Tamannaah denied all the rumours and said that she was very much single.