Age: 65 Years
Caste: Kalwar (Vaishya)
Education: 12th Pass
|Full Name||Tarkishore Prasad Bhagat My Neta|
|Profession(s)||Politician, Farmer & Businessman|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• In 2005, he was elected as the MLA of the Katihar Constituency of Bihar and has never lost a poll from the seat ever since.
• In 2020, he was appointed as a Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar.
• In 2020, he was chosen as the minister of finance, commercial tax, environment, forest and disaster management, urban development, and information technology departments of Bihar.
|Date of Birth||5 January 1956 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||65 Years|
|Birthplace||Salkhua village, Saharsa, Bihar|
|Hometown||Salkhua village, Saharsa, Bihar|
|School||• High School Katihar (1970)
• L.N.M. University, Darbhanga (1974)
|Educational Qualification||12th pass My Neta|
|Religion||Hinduism India TV|
|Caste||Kalwar India TV|
|Address||Mohalla-Mirchaibari, P.O.-Katihar, Dist.Katihar-854105, Bihar|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||8 March|
|Wife/Spouse||Renu Prasad (homemaker)
|Children||Son- Rahul Prasad
|Parents||Father– Ganga Prasad
Mother– Sumitra Devi
|Car Collection||• Mahindra Bolero
• Mahindra Scorpio
• Toyota Innova
• Tata Indica
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 40,000 per month (as a minister) The Times of India|
|Assets/Properties My Neta||Movable
Bank Deposits: Rs. 2 lakhs
Agricultural Land: Worth Rs. 25 lakhs
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 1.89 crore My Neta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tarkishore Prasad
- Tarkishore Prasad is one of the two deputy chief ministers of Bihar from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and a four-time MLA from the Katihar constituency. He is also the leader of BJP’s legislature party in Bihar.
- Prasad was born into a business family; his father used to run a clothing shop in Saharsa, Bihar. Prasad was never really interested in his father’s business, instead, politics was the field that appealed to him the most. After completing class 12 in 1974, Tarkishore Prasad became active in student politics. He started his political journey as a member of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), a student wing of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, and has since then continued to be a loyal member of the RSS.
- Prasad rose through the ranks of RSS to become a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In 2005, he successfully contested his first assembly election from the Katihar constituency on BJP’s ticket. He defeated RJD’s Ram Prakash Mahato, the electoral margin of his victory was just 165 votes.
- Tarkishore remained a low profile BJP politician and was not a popular face among people until he was appointed as a deputy CM of Bihar in November 2020.
- The opposition parties have often accused Tarkishore Prasad of fabricating his age, which is actually true as he has been sending chronology of his age out of the window prior to every election. He mentioned his age as 48 years in his 2005 election affidavit, which only increased by one year in a period of 5 years as he reported his age to be 49 years in his 2010 election affidavit. In 2015, he stated his age to be 52 years, whereas in the next five years his age took a leap of 12 years as he mentioned his age to be 64 years in his 2020 election affidavit. News 18
- Prior to the 2020 Bihar Legislative Assembly election, an FIR was filed against him for the offence of “undue influence or personation at the election.” My Neta