Weight: 157 Kg
Age: 49 Years
Height: 7′ 1″
Some Lesser Known Facts About The Great Khali
- Does The Great Khali smoke?: No
- Does The Great Khali drink alcohol?: No
- Khali hails from Himachal Pradesh, and it is said that he got his ring name The Great Khali from the name of Kali, a Hindu Goddess.
- The reason behind his lack of agility and height is that, he suffered from Acromegaly i.e. abnormal growth of body.
- He started earning as a labourer and also worked in a restaurant called Malibar Hill.
- Later, he became an officer in the Punjab Police through sports quota and alongside this job, he continued his bodybuilding.
- His fortune changed when he won the Mr. India bodybuilding title in 1995 and 1996.
- Due to his training and hardwork, he got selected for the All Pro Wrestling (APW) in the USA, and made his debut in October 2000.
- He initially wrestled for World Championship Wrestling (WCW), but in 2006, he made his debut for the apex professional wrestling, the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).
- In 2010, he participated in the reality show Bigg Boss 4, and finished as the 1st runner-up.
- He also appeared in various films like The Longest Yard, Get Smart, MacGruber, Kushti, Ramaa: The Saviour and Houba.
- He is extremely religious, he meditates every day, doesn’t drink or smoke, and is a follower of Indian spiritual guru Ashutosh Maharaj.
- He has a heavy diet and consumes 5 l of milk, 2-3 kg of chicken, 0.5-1 kg of dry fruits, 25-30 roti, pulses, vegetables and 25 eggs at a time, 7 times a day.
- In 2015, he left WWE and opened his own wrestling school in Punjab, the Continental Wrestling Entertainment.