Some Lesser Known Facts About Thomas Perez
- Does Thomas Perez smoke?: Not Known
- Does Thomas Perez drink alcohol?: Not Known
|Real Name||Thomas Edward “Tom” Perez|
|Political Journey||• Worked as a Principal Secretary to Democratic Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy from 1995 to 1998.
• From 2002 to 2006, Perez was on the council of Montgomery County, Maryland from its 5th district.
• From 2004 to 2005, he served as council president.
• In 2007, he became Maryland Secretary of Labor.
• In 2009, he was nominated by President Barack Obama to be Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice.
• On 18 March 2013, he was nominated to be Secretary of Labor by President Barack Obama.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Date of Birth||October 7, 1961|
|Age (as in 2016)||55 Years|
|Birth Place||Buffalo, New York, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Buffalo, New York,|
|School||Canisius High School, Buffalo, New York, USA|
|College||Brown University, Rhode Island, USA
Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Arts in international relations and political science
Juris Doctor cum laude
|Debut||In 1995, when he started working as a Principal Advisor to Democratic Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy.|
|Family||Father– Rafael Perez
Mother– Grace Perez
Brothers– Not Known
Sisters– Not Known
|Address||200 Constitution Ave. NW
Washington DC 20210
|Hobbies||Reading, Traveling, Cooking|
|Controversies||• He was criticized when he allowed hiring of more illegal workers during his tenure at the Department of Justice.
• In 2008, he was criticized for dropping voter intimidation charges against black panthers who carried weapons to a polling place.
• He was criticized for abandoning a Whistle-blower Lawsuit that cost taxpayers millions.
• He was criticized for using a private e-mail address to dodge accountability.
|Favourite Politician||Not Known|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Ann Marie Staudenmaier
|Children||Son– Rafael Perez
Daughters– Susana Perez, Amalia Perez
|Net Worth (approx.)||$1.3 million (as in 2013)|