|Real Name||Urjit R Patel|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight||in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||28 October 1963|
|Age (as in 2018)||55 Years|
|Birth Place||Not Known|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|School||Gujarati community run Visa Oswal Primary School in Nairobi
Jamhuri High School in Nairobi
|College||London School of Economics, London, United Kingdom
University of Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Yale University, Connecticut, USA
|Educational Qualifications||BA from London School of Economics, London, United Kingdom
M. Phil. from University of Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Doctorate in Economics from Yale University, Connecticut, USA
|Family||Father– Ravindra Patel
Brother– Not Known
Sister– 1 (lives in New Jersey, United States)
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Urjit Patel
- Urjit Patel is considered as an eminent economist, banker, and consultant.
- He was born in Nairobi, Kenya.
- His grandfather migrated to Kenya from Gujarat in the early 20th century.
- His father was also born in Kenya and had a business of spare parts in Nairobi.
- In 1990, he received his Doctorate in Economics from Yale University.
- He joined the International Monetary Fund (IMF) as a Kenyan citizen.
- He worked on the Bahamas, India, USA and Myanmar desks at IMF from 1990 to 1995.
- In 1996-1997, he was deputed to the Reserve Bank of India from IMF, and after completing two years of deputation at the RBI; he became Consultant to the Ministry of Finance (Department of Economic Affairs) of the Government of India and remained at that post from 1998 to 2001.
- He learned Gujarati and Hindi only after his posting in India.
- In 2013, he was appointed as Deputy Governor of the RBI and headed a committee on Monetary Policy Reform.