|Real Name||Harshvardhan Puri|
|Profession||Actor, Theatre Artiste, Assistant Director|
|Famous For||Being the grandson of veteran actor Amrish Puri|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 178 cm
in meters– 1.78 m
in feet inches– 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 65 kg
in pounds– 143 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 30 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|Debut||Film: Paagal (2019)|
|Date of Birth||2 May 1990|
|Age (as in 2019)||29 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Business Management Graduate|
|Hobbies||Writing, watching Movies|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Rajeev Amrish Puri
Mother– Meena Puri
Grandfather- Amrish Puri (Actor)
Sister– Sachi Puri (Dermatologist)
|Favourite Actors||Charlie Chaplin, Kishore Kumar, Amrish Puri|
|Favourite Directors||Shyam Benegal, Govind Nihalani|
|Favourite Films||Hollywood– The Godfather, The Shawshank Redemption|
|Favourite Colours||Orange, Green|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vardhan Puri image
- Vardhan Puri is the grandson of veteran actor Amrish Puri.
- He started receiving training in theatre and acting at the age of five under the National Award-winning actor-filmmaker-writer Satyadev Dubey. Satyadev Dubey was Amrish Puri’s mentor as well.
- Vardhan has been a part of over ninety plays. He has also been trained by Athar Nawaz, Neeraj Kabi, Vidur Chaturvedi, Mujeeb Khan, and Faezeh Jalali.
- He got his first theatre role when he was a teenager. Before making his theatre debut, he used to work backstage and did small tasks, served tea to the cast & crew, and cleaned the stage.
- In 2019, he made his Bollywood debut with the movie “Paagal” opposite Shivaleeka Oberoi. The movie, a musical romantic thriller, was produced by Jayantilal Gada.
- Prior to entering the Bollywood industry, Vardhan Puri worked as an assistant director to Habib Faisal on the movies “Daawat-e-Ishq” and “Ishaqzaade” and also Maneesh Sharma on the movie “Shudh Desi Romance.”
- In an interview, he revealed that his grandfather, Amrish Puri, is next to God for him. He said that he was very close to both his grandparents and used to sleep between them when he was a child.
- He counted his debut film “Paagal” as an ode to his late grandfather.
- Puri’s favourite films of his grandfather are “Virasat,” “Ghatak,” “Mr. India,” and “Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.”
- On the occasion of Amrish Puri’s 87th birth anniversary, Vardhan shared an emotional note on his social media accounts which read-
It’s a thing so rare to take birth in a family that goes down in history because of the craft, hard work, talent and relentless spirit of one man. I feel blessed to be grandson to a legendary grandfather, a human being par excellence and an artist who the world celebrates. We grandchildren lovingly called him ‘Dadu’. Our granddad fit the bill of a ‘complete man’ to the tee. His paternalistic nature won hearts. He was all inclusive. He loved, cared for and helped all those he came in touch with. He was the ultimate father figure.”
View this post on Instagram
It’s a thing so rare to take birth in a family that goes down in history because of the craft, hardwork, talent & relentless spirit of one man. I feel blessed to be grandson to a legendary grandfather, a human being par excellence and an artist who the world celebrates. We grandchildren lovingly called him ‘Dadu’. Our granddad fit the bill of a ‘complete man’ to the tee. His paternalistic nature won hearts. He was all inclusive. He loved, cared for & helped all those he came in touch with. He was the ultimate father figure. He claimed that the best days of his life were not the days that won him praise or awards but the days his grand children were born. He doted on us. He’d spend time with us, playing, photographing every smile that flashed on our faces & videographed every little nuance of ours. He’d even record every new word we spoke when we were learning to talk babies. We miss you dadu. Thank you for being you and thank you for blessing and guiding us everyday. I know you are with us – I can feel your presence. Love you, Your ‘Tiger’
- He and his grandfather used to watched movies of Dilip Kumar, Al Pacino, and Robert De Niro till 3 AM in the morning.
- When Vardhan was a kid, he used to wear his grandfather’s wig and size-12 shoes; and speak the lines of the dialogues from his films.
- He considers Charlie Chaplin as his greatest influence.