Profession: Bollywood Producer, Realtor
Age: 59 Years
Hometown: Kolkata, India
|Profession||Bollywood Film Producer, Realtor|
|Famous For||Producing a series of “No. 1” movies like, Coolie No 1, Hero No 1, Biwi No 1, and Shaadi No 1|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Debut (as producer)||Film: Coolie No. 1 (1995)
|Date of Birth||19 April 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||59 Years|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian YouTube|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||6 February|
|Children||Son– Jackky Bhagnani
Daughter– Deepshikha Deshmukh
|Siblings||He has a younger brother.|
|Parents||Father– Lilaram Bhagnani
Mother– Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vashu Bhagnani
- Vashu Bhagnani is a Bollywood producer and a realtor. Vashu Bhagnani was born on 19 April 1961 in Kolkata in a business family. His father, Lilaram Bhagnani, owned a clothing shop, and Vashu started working with his father when he was just 11 years old in 1972.
- Vashu Bhagnani had to quit his school when he was in the sixth standard because of some financial crisis. After this, Vashu traveled by train to visit different cities and sold clothes in those cities to earn a livelihood.
- In 1989, Vashu moved to Mumbai to start his own business. Before becoming a producer, he got involved in businesses like manufacturing parts of TV, clothing, etc. He also worked as a builder for certain projects in the construction business. In 1995, he produced his first movie, ‘Coolie No. 1’ with director David Dhawan. The lead actors of the movie were Govinda and Karishma Kapoor.
- Vashu Bhagnani signed Govinda and David Dhawan for Rs. 5 lakhs each for ‘Coolie No. 1.’ The movie turned out to be a superhit, and this encouraged Vashu Bhagnani to produce more movies. After this movie, he made ‘Hero No. 1’, ‘Biwi No. 1’, ‘Shaadi No. 1’, and many other movies that did well at the movie box-office.
Team ‘Hero No. 1’ – Govinda, director David Dhawan, producer Vashu Bhagnani & #KaderKhan@govindaahuja21 @Varun_dvn @vashubhagnani pic.twitter.com/eVDp3VgkyL
— Film History Pics (@FilmHistoryPic) January 3, 2019
- In 1995, Vashu launched his own production company named “Pooja Entertainment India Limited.” The production banner has produced more than a dozen films under the guidance of Vashu Bhagnani.
- Vashu Bhagnani took a break from movie production after 1995. In 1997, he made a comeback with the movie “Bade Miyan Chhote Miyan’ starring Amitabh Bachchan, Govinda, Anupam Kher, and Raveena Tandon. This was the third movie that was produced by Vashu Bhagnani and turned out to be a hit at the box-office.
- Vashu Bhagnani was working hard and trying his best to produce the next super hit movie for the audience. However, in 2002, things changed for him when he produced ‘Om Jai Jagadish.’ The movie didn’t do well at the box-office and caused a huge financial loss for Vashu.
- After a year, Vashu decided to change his field of work and entered the line of real estate to start afresh. After spending three years in the real estate industry, Vashu earned enough money to plan his comeback in the Bollywood industry.
- In 2009, Vashu decided to launch his son, Jackky Bhagnani as an actor. He produced the movie ‘Kal Kissne Dekha’ and launched Jackky. The film was a romance science fiction and received a decent response from the audience in theatres.
- Vashu Bhagnani considers his daughter, Deepshikha Deshmukh, as ‘Junior Vashu’ because she has always seen her parents as her teacher. Deepshikha worked with him in his real estate business.
- On 25 December 2020, Vashu has worked with David Dhawan to release the remake of their first movie together, Coolie No. 1. The remake of the movie is titled ‘Coolie No. 1’ and the cast of the movie is Sara Ali Khan and Varun Dhawan. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the movie will be released on the online streaming platform, Amazon Prime. Along with Vashu, Jackky and Deepshikha have also worked as producers on this movie.
Presenting to you #CoolieNo1trailer with a heart full of love, joy & gratitude. #CoolieNo1OnPrime @PrimeVideoIN https://t.co/xGo7RnIk5z@Varun_dvn #SaraAliKhan #DavidDhawan @vashubhagnani @jackkybhagnani @poojafilms @rumyjafry @ZeeMusicCompany @tipsofficial @SirPareshRawal
— Vashu Bhagnani (@vashubhagnani) November 28, 2020