|Other Name||Rowdy Orissa Post|
|Full Name||Deverakonda Vijay Sai Tollywood.net|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Film Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 180 cm
in meters– 1.80 m
in feet inches– 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 70 kg
in pounds– 154 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 42 inches
– Waist: 32 inches
– Biceps: 14 inches
|Debut||Film (Telugu; As an actor): Nuvvila (2011) as Vishnu
Film (Tamil; As an actor): ‘NOTA’ (2018) as Varun Subramanyam
Film (Hindi; As an actor): Liger (2022) as Liger
Film (Telugu; As a producer): ‘Meeku Maathrame Cheptha’ (2019; produced under Vijay’s film production banner King of the Hill Entertainment)
|Awards||• 2015: Nandi Award for the Telugu film Yevade Subramanyam under the Special Jury Award category
• 2018: Filmfare Awards South for Best Actor for the Telugu film Arjun Reddy
• 2019: South Indian International Movie Award for Best Actor (Critics) for the Telugu film Geetha Govindam
• 2019: Zee Cine Awards Telugu for Favourite Actor for the Telugu film Geetha Govindam
|Date of Birth||9 May 1989 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||33 Years|
|Birthplace||Achampet, Telangana, India|
|Hometown||Thummanpeta, Balmoor Mandal of Mahbubnagar District, Telangana|
|School||• Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School Puttaparthi, Andhra Pradesh (up to class 10)
• Little Flower Junior College, Hyderabad
|College||Badruka College of Commerce and Arts, Hyderabad|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce News 18|
|Religion||Hinduism Instagram- Vijay Deverakonda|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian The Times of India|
|Controversies||• Trolled for Commenting on a Veteran Actress
In April 2018, he posted a picture of actress Savitri on Twitter with the caption, “What a cool chick”. This comment didn’t go well publicly, and some of the fans of Savitri slammed him for his comment. In reply, he slammed those who trolled him for his comment. The Times of India He tweeted,
“All who want an apology – chennai Leela Palace lo unna ocheyandi. I will even be giving you #Mahanati audio launch entries. She would have been happy to have you all back then – because appudu me lanti morals and ethics batch called her a home breaker and alcoholic. She was many things fearless, philanthropic, generous, but at her core she was like anyone else a girl with dreams first, a woman who loved & wanted to be loved next and a superstar last. I think she would have been super happy to be called in admiration “what a cool chick” ☺ compared to home wrecker and alcoholic.”
During an interview, while talking about the controversy, he said,
“If someone’s understanding of it is so crude, then it’s none of my problem. As I understand it, people have opinions, people have intentions. I let it be for the most part. But I don’t like being told how I should say stuff, how I should do stuff. You pass your opinions on me. I am fully okay with that. But don’t dictate to me what I should or shouldn’t do.”
• Song With the “F” Word
• Criticised for His Behavious in Press Conference
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Virginie (rumoured) MensXP
|Parents||Father– Govardhana Rao Deverakonda (television serial director)
Mother– Madhavi Deverakonda (soft skill & personality development trainer)
|Siblings||Brother– Anand Deverakonda (actor; image in parents’ section)
|Actor(s)||Pawan Kalyan, Mahesh Babu, Ranbir Kapoor, Denzel Washington, Meryl Streep|
|Films||The Godfather (1972), Schindler’s List (1993)|
|Food||Hyderabad Dum Biryani, Mango|
|Author||Konstantin Sergeievich Stanislavski|
|Car Collection||• BMW 5 Series GQ India
• Ford Mustang GQ India
• Mercedes Benz GLC Class GQ India
• Range Rover Bollywood Shaadis
• Volvo XC 90 Bollywood Shaadis
|Income/Fees||Rs 20 to 25 crore per film (as of 2022) The Times of India|
|Assets/Properties||A bungalow in Hyderabad GQ India|
|Net Worth||Rs 39 crore (as of 2022) The Times of India|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vijay Deverakonda
- Vijay Deverakonda is an Indian film actor and producer, who has mainly worked in Telugu films.
- He has been inclined towards singing since his childhood.
- During an interview, he shared that in his teens he was quite shy and barely talked to any girl in his school.
- While he was in college, he participated in various theatre plays and from there he developed an interest in acting. He once played the titular role in the theatre play ‘Sherlock Holmes.’ After graduating from college, he joined a theatre group named ‘Sutradhar.’
- In an interview, he shared that since his childhood he thought of becoming an actor. He further said that his father also wanted to become an actor while he (his father) was young. He said,
We come from a family of farmers in Achampet (Mehboobnagar). My father came to Hyderabad to become an actor, took an acting course and realised he was camera conscious. He felt he’d be a better director but getting a breakthrough was a nightmare. Satellite channels were opening up and he ventured into television series. There wasn’t much money and scripts weren’t exciting. A few production houses asked dad to direct for them. He comes from a ‘dora’ mindset of not wanting to work for others. So he got real estate people from the village to invest. They did it just to see their names on TV. But they backed out when payments were delayed. Then dad worked on ad films for the government and it kept us going. Dad is my staunch supporter. He is so happy for me today.”
- Vijay once shared that he had to struggle to get his first acting project. In his initial struggling days, his bank account was blocked for not maintaining the minimum balance of Rs 500. In an interview, while talking about the same, he said,
I was 25. Andhra Bank lo 500 Rs. min balance maintain cheyakapothe lock chesinru account. Dad said settle before 30 – That way you can enjoy your success when you are young and parents are healthy.”
- In 2012, he acted in the Telugu film ‘Life Is Beautiful’ which turned out to be a flop. He then appeared in the Telugu films like ‘Yevade Subramanyam’ (2015), ‘Pelli Choopulu’ (2016), and ‘Dwaraka’ (2017).
- Vijay came into the limelight with the 2017 Telugu film ‘Arjun Reddy.’ In 2019, the remake of the film was released in Hindi as ‘Kabir Singh’ and in Tamil as ‘Adithya Varma.’ Vijay won a Filmfare Award South for the film. He sold the award in an auction for Rs 25 lakh and donated the amount to the CM Relief Fund. Deccan Herald In an interview while talking about the film he shared that he was deeply involved with his character in the film. He even peed in his pants which was required for a scene in the film. India Today He once shared that while playing the character of Arjun in the film, he had to smoke for the scenes. Eventually, he became habitual of smoking, but later, he changed this habit. We Magazine
- He directed the Telugu short film titled ‘Madam Meerena’ in 2016.
- Some of his other Telugu films are ‘Geetha Govindam’ (2018), ‘Taxiwaala’ (2018), ‘Dear Comrade’ (2019), and ‘World Famous Lover’ (2020). For the 2018 film ‘Geetha Govindam,’ he lent his voice to the song ‘What The Life.’
- In 2018, he launched his clothing brand “Rowdy,” and later, the brand collaborated with the fashion e-commerce company Myntra.
- The Times of India listed him 4th in 50 Most Desirable Men in 2018, and second in the 50 Most Desirable Men 2020 list. The Times of India
- In 2021, he started a multiplex cinema in Mahbubnagar, Telangana with the name Asian Vijay Deverakonda (AVD) Cinemas.
- In 2022, he worked as the presenter in the Telugu film ‘Pushpaka Vimanam.’
- During an interview, when he was asked if he works for money or passion. He said,
Now I work only if the content stimulates me and excites me. I’ve done lots of things for money in the past. There were movies that I did for money. There were small gigs where I had to make some sort of appearance. There’s a music video I did purely because I was planning to buy a house and I fell short of money. There was a time when I hustled and did anything that gave me Rs 10,000 and above. I was ready to do it because it was a necessity. Now money doesn’t excite me. It’s still important because I need to be paid for what I do. I know what I deserve and only if that is paid will I work. But it’s not a factor in decision-making. Even if you show me obscene amounts of money I will not do something I don’t like.”
- He is a dog lover and has pet dogs named Storm Deverakonda and Chester.
- Vijay has appeared in various TV commercials like Myntra, Thums Up, and Zomato.
- He consumes alcohol occasionally.
- In an interview, Vijay shared that he often watches films with the public and wears a burqa to hide his identity. He said,
Sometimes, what I do is I wear a burqa and go into theatres and sit amongst the audience and watch (my films). If you see a burqa-clad tall person around you, it could probably be me.”
- In his leisure time, he loves to play volleyball, badminton, and cricket.