Age: 57 Years
Wife: Krishna Raaz
Hometown: Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
|Profession(s)||Actor and Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 183 cm
in meters– 1.83 m
in feet inches– 6’
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Bollywood Film (Actor): Bhopal Express (1999)
Tamil Film (Actor): Kaaki Sattai (2015)
Malayalam Film (Actor): Monsoon Mangoes (2015)
Bollywood Film (Director): Kya Dilli Kya Lahore (2014)
|Date of Birth||5 June 1963|
|Age (as of 2020)||57 Years|
|Birthplace||Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College/University||Kirori Mal College, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)|
|Address||A flat at Palm Court in Malad West, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Reading Books on Spirituality & Philosophy, Travelling|
|Controversies||• In February 2005, he was arrested at Abu Dhabi Airport for possession of drugs (25 gm of Marijuana in his hand-baggage).
• On 4 November 2020, the Gondia Police in Maharashtra arrested him from a five-star hotel after a crew member of the Bollywood film Sherni complained against the actor; saying she was molested by Vijay Raaz in a hotel in Balaghat, Madhya Pradesh where the film crew was staying. Later, he was released on bail the same day. The Indian Express
|Relationships & More|
|Children||Daughter– Tanishka Raaz
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vijay Raaz
- In his college, Kirori Mal College in New Delhi, Vijay Raaz was a member of the dramatic society – The Players.
- To pursue his career in acting, he joined the Sakshi Kala Manch in Mandi House, Delhi, where he worked for a few years.
- Later, he started working at the National School of Drama (NSD) in New Delhi on a salary of Rs 12,000 per month.
- His first play was ‘Pagal Ghar,’ in which Vijay played the role of an inspector.
- In 1998, he went to Mumbai after 10 years of working as a theatre artist including 4 years at NSD in New Delhi.
- Naseeruddin Shah recommended him to the director, Mahesh Mathai for the film ‘Bhopal Express’ (1999) and to the filmmaker, Mira Nair for the film ‘Monsoon Wedding’ (2001), after watching him in a Girish Karnad play ‘Agni Aur Barkha,’ in which he played the role of a 90-year-old person.
- Vijay Raaz became a household name after playing the role of P. K. Dubey in the film ‘Monsoon Wedding’ (2001).
- He got his first lead role in 2004 in the film ‘Raghu Romeo’ as Raghu. The film won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi.
- In the same year, he was featured in a shelved film ‘Let’s Kill Veerappan,’ which was based on Sunaad Raghuram’s book, Veerappan: The Untold Story.
- Vijay Raaz is popularly known for his comic roles.
- He has worked in films of various languages like Hindi, Tamil, and Malayalam.
- In 2014, he made his directorial debut with the film ‘Kya Dilli Kya Lahore.’ He played the lead role of Rehmat Ali in this film.
- Vijay has also worked as a voice-over artist and has lent his voice in several ad commercials and films.