|Full Name||Vijay Ramniklal Rupani|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||1971: Joined RSS and Jan Sangh.
2006-2012: Served as a member of Rajya Sabha.
2014: Became MLA from Rajkot West.
2016: On 7 August, became the 16th Chief Minister of Gujarat.
2017: Again won the Gujarat Assembly Election from the Rajkot West constituency and retained the post of Chief Minister of Gujarat.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 66 kg
in Pounds- 146 lbs
|Date of Birth||2 August 1956|
|Age (as in 2017)||61 Years|
|Birth Place||Rangoon, Burma (now Yangon, Myanmar)|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|College(s)/Universities||Dharmendrasinhji Arts College, Rajkot, Gujarat
Saurashtra University, Gujarat
|Educational Qualification(s)||Bachelor of Arts from Dharmendrasinhji Arts College
LLB from Saurashtra University
|Debut||In 1971, when he joined RSS and Jan Sangh.|
|Family||Father– Ramniklal Rupani
|Address||Nirmala Convent Road, Rajkot, Gujarat, India|
|Controversies||• In 2011, SEBI had charged Vijay Rupani HUF, for “manipulative trades” by pump and dump.
• In November 2017, for creating the misleading appearance in the stocks, the SEBI issued ex parte order imposing a penalty of ₹ 1500000 to Vijay Rupani HUF.
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Anjali (a member of BJP women wing)
|Children||Son– Rushabh (an engineering student),
Pujit (died in an accident)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vijay Rupani
- Does Vijay Rupani smoke?: Not Known
- Does Vijay Rupani drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born in Burma (now, Myanmar).
- In 1960, due to political instability in Burma, his family moved to Rajkot.
- Rupani also worked as a stockbroker.
- Rupani started his political career as a student activist of Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP- student political wing of BJP).
- In 1976, he spent 11 months at the jails in Bhuj and Bhavnagar during the Emergency.
- In 2006, Rupani was appointed as a Chairman of Gujarat Tourism.
- In August 2014, after Vajubhai Vala resigned as the MLA from Rajkot West (as he was appointed as the governor of Karnataka), BJP nominated Vijay Rupnai to contest the Rajkot West seat, and on 9 October 2014, Rupani won the by-poll by a huge margin.