Age: 55 Years
Wife: Dina Umarova
|Real Name||Virender Singh Randhawa|
|Other Name||Vindoo Dara Singh|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer, Entrepreneur|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 183 cm
in meters– 1.83 m
in feet inches– 6’
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 90 kg
in pounds– 198 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 42 inches
– Waist: 34 inches
– Biceps: 14 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Punjabi Film (Child Artist): Nanak Dukhiya Sab Sansar (1970)
Punjabi Film (Actor): Rab Dian Rakhan (1996)
Bollywood (Actor): Diwana Ashiq (1992)
|Date of Birth||6 May 1964 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||55 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|College||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Controversies||• In 2013, he was arrested by the Mumbai Police in the IPL match-fixing case. According to the prosecutor, Kiran Bendbar, a SIM card was given by an absconding bookie named ‘Sanjay Jaipur’ to the controversial Pakistani umpire, Asad Rauf. Vindu had asked the umpire to destroy the SIM before being arrested.
• In May 2013, the Mumbai Police claimed that Vindu Dara Singh also had links with some International Sex Rackets. According to the police sources, he was seen with the bookies named ‘Prem Taneja’ and ‘Pawan Jaipur,’ and some girls from Kazakhstan. These girls had come to India on a tourist visa. During the investigation and after the inquiry by some models, it was revealed that he used to supply the girls to the bookies and cricket players as well.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||• Reem Kapadia (Costume Designer)
• Farah Naaz (Actress)
• Dina Umarova (Model & Entrepreneur)
|Marriage Date||• Year-1996 (with Farah Naaz)
• Year-2005 (with Dina Umarova)
|Wife/Spouse||First Wife– Farah Naaz (Actress; divorced)
Second Wife– Dina Umarova (Model & Entrepreneur)
|Children||Son– Fateh Randhawa (from Farah Naaz)
Daughter– Amelia Randhawa (from Dina Umarova)
|Parents||Father– Dara Singh Randhawa (Wrestler & Actor, died in 2012)
Mother– Surjit Kaur Randhawa (Died in 2016)
|Siblings||Brother(s)– Parduman Randhawa (Actor, Half-brother), Amrik Singh Randhawa (Film Producer)
Sister(s)– Deepa Singh, Kamal Singh, Loveleen Singh
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Athlete(s)||Wrestler– Sonika Kaliraman
Boxer(s)– Manoj Kumar, Jai Bhagwan
|Favourite Singer(s)||Sonu Nigam, Rupinder Handa|
|Favourite TV Show||Bigg Boss|
|Favourite Cricketer||MS Dhoni|
|Favourite Restaurant||Bayroute in Juhu (Mumbai)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vindu Dara Singh
- Does Vindu Dara Singh smoke?: Not Known
- Does Vindu Dara Singh drink alcohol?: Yes
- Vindu Dara Singh is the son of Indian professional wrestler and actor “Dara Singh.”
- He made his first on-screen appearance as a child artist in 1970 in the Punjabi film ‘Nanak Dukhiya Sub Sansar.’
- He started his Bollywood career as a dancer.
- Vindu Dara Singh has worked in various Hindi, Punjabi, Telugu, and Bhojpuri movies .
- He has done several mythological TV serials like ‘Jai Veer Hanuman,’ ‘Vishnu Puran,’ ‘Jai Maa Vaishno Devi,’ ‘Jai Ganesha,’ and ‘Sri Bhagavatam.’
- He has done some famous Hindi and Punjabi plays like ‘Hello Darling,’ etc.
- Vindu has also produced his own comedy show ‘Golmaal The Play.’
- He worked as a dubbing artist for the Hindi version of the Hollywood film ‘The Incredibles’ titled ‘Hum Hain Lajawab’ (2004).
- Vindu was rumoured to be in a relationship with Dimple Kapadia‘s sister, Reem Kapadia. He was first married in 1996 to Farah Naaz, the elder sister of actress Tabu. The duo, who later got divorced, has a son, Fateh Randhawa.
- After his divorce, Vindu Dara Singh got married to model-cum-entrepreneur, Dina Umarova, in 2005, and they together have a daughter named Amelia Randhawa.
- In 2009, he participated in the reality TV show ‘Bigg Boss Season 3,’ and was declared the winner of that season.
- In 2010, he judged the first season of the dance reality TV show ‘Chak Dhoom Dhoom.’
- In 2011, Vindu participated in another reality TV show ‘Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout’ and was one of the top 15 finalists.
- He was also the winner of the reality TV show ‘Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki’ (2013).
- In 2015, he, along with his wife Dina Umarova, participated in the reality show ‘Power Couple’ that aired on Sony TV.
- Vindu Dara Singh has been featured in several TV commercials like Pepsi, etc.
- He also runs ‘Dara Film Studio’ in Mohali, Punjab, which was founded by his father in 1978.
- On 12 July 2012, his father died of a heart attack. His mother passed away on 22 March 2016 after battling cancer for almost nine years.
- In 2018, Vindu played the role of Lord Hanuman at Delhi’s ‘Lav Kush Ramlila.’
- He is a dog lover.
- In 2019, Vindu Dara Singh and his wife, Dina Umarova, participated in the dance reality show ‘Nach Baliye 9.’