Wife: Ruchiraa Gormaray
Education: MD (Doctor Of Medicine) In Ayurveda
Age: 40 Years
|Profession(s)||Actor, Assistant Director|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 31 inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||24 August 1981|
|Age (as of 2021)||40 Years|
|Birthplace||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Graduation in Medical Science
MD (Doctor of Medicine) in Ayurveda from Nagpur
|Film Debut||Actor– Chain Kulii Ki Main Kulii (2007, Hindi Film)
Assistant Director– Viruddh (2005, Hindi Film)
|Famous Role||Danish Khan- Gangs of Wasseypur (part 1 & 2)
|Family||Father– Name Not Known (Mathematician)
Mother– Name Not Known
Brother– Not Known
Sister– Mukti Singh Srinet (JRF at BHU)
|Hobbies||Playing Basketball, Listening to Music, Watching Films|
|Sports||Cricket, Basketball, Boxing|
|Films||City of Gold, Inglorious Bastards|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||29 November 2021
|Wife||Ruchiraa Gormaray (actor)|
|Salary (approximate)||Rs. 50 Lakh (INR)/film|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vineet Kumar Singh
- Does Vineet Kumar Singh smoke?: Yes
- Does Vineet Kumar Singh drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born in a Kshatriya family in the Holy City of Varanasi.
- His father is a renowned Mathematician.
- His initial interest was in sports and he has played Basketball on a National Level.
- Later on, he developed an interest in Acting and wanted to join the National School of Drama. However, due to social norms and parental pressure, he could not pursue the same.
- He was a brilliant student and cleared the CPMT. After clearing CPMT, he got enrolled in a Medical College.
- He moved to Nagpur to pursue his Masters in Ayurveda.
- Vineet is a licensed medical practitioner with an MD (Doctor of Medicine) in Ayurveda.
- To fulfil his acting aspirations, he moved to Mumbai. The initial days in Mumbai were full of struggles; just like any other newcomers.
- Sharing one such instance of his struggle, Vineet says that while in Mumbai, soon, he was out of money and had to sleep on an empty stomach for several days. One day, he called his younger sister Mukti and told about his penniless story; while walking barefooted to his room dousing in the rain.
- In 2006, he returned his home to Varanasi. However, the desire of acting couldn’t allow him to stay home for long, and he again went to Mumbai for work.
- Initially, he worked in Marathi, Tamil and Bangla films, and later in Hindi films such as Viruddh, Padmashree Laloo Prasad Yadav, Deh, Jannat, Crook, etc.
- He came out the winner of “Superstars – Talent Hunt” where he met the noted Bollywood Actor/Filmmaker, Mahesh Manjrekar.
- Mahesh Manjrekar gave him his first break in the film industry as an Assistant Director. Vineet worked as an Assistant Director for Mahesh Manjrekar in a few Marathi films and Hindi films including “Viruddh (2005)” starring Amitabh Bachchan and John Abraham.
- He appeared in a lead role of a Police Inspector in Mahesh Bhatt‘s Bhookha.
- After 2007, he left direction and focussed on his acting.
- After several hits and misses including Gori Tere Pyar Mein and Isaaq, he did a Marathi-Hindi bilingual film- City of Gold (2010) that showed his acting abilities and gave him a chance to meet the ace Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap who gave him his one of the most coveted roles: Danish Khan in the cult-classic Gangs of Wasseypur, where he shared the screen with noted actors like Manoj Bajpai, Piyush Mishra, Richa Chadda and Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
- Vineet’s effortless portrayal of Danish Khan in Gangs of Wasseypur bagged him more roles in films like Bombay Talkies (2013) and Ugly (2014), which gave him his first Screen Nomination.
- He has also appeared in TV commercials like 7up Nimbooz and Birla Sunlife.
- He has also done a small role in Sanjay Dutt starrer Hathyar (2002).
- After Gangs of Wasseypur, he couldn’t get any big role. So, he wrote the script of Mukkabaaz and went to Anurag Kashyap with the script in 2016.
- After 14 days, he received a call from Anurag Kashyap who assured him that he would make a film on his script on two conditions, one that he would have to be get trained as a real boxer, and the other that he would do some tweaks in the script.
- Vineet had to sell his furniture, TV set, and other household items, to get training in boxing at a training centre in Patiala, where he underwent training in boxing among the international boxers for 1-year. During the training, his face was damaged for more than 25 times, got bruises over his eyes, and even broken ribs.
- Vineet is such a big fan of the Indian Cricketer MS Dhoni that he wrote and sing a song on Dhoni. He shared the song on his social media accounts in April 2019.