Relationship Status: Single
Age: 32 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 50 kg
in pounds– 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Debut||TV: “Thakan” as Mehak (2012)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Hum Award for Best Actress 2018
• Lux Style Award for Best TV Actress 2020
|Date of Birth||30 July 1989 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||32 Years|
|Hometown||Arifwala, Pakpattan, Pakistan|
|School||Sacred Heart Convent School, Lahore|
|College/University||University of Home Economics, Lahore|
|Educational Qualification||Master of Arts, Design & Architecture YouTube|
|Religion||Islam Yumna Zaidi’s Instagram|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Yumna Zaidi’s Instagram|
|Hobbies||Poetry, Singing, Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Zameendar Zaidi (Businessman)
Mother– Shabana Naheed Zaidi (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother– Muhammad Shahzeb
Sister– Mehreen Zaidi and Alizah Zaidi
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yumna Zaidi
- Yumna Zaidi is a Pakistani actress and model who is known for playing very challenging and extraordinary roles in the Urdu television industry. She has worked in many popular television shows like Khushi Ek Roag, Meri Dulari, Dil Muhallay Ki Haveli, Rishtay Kuch Adhooray Se, Mausam, Guzaarish, and Zara Yaad Kar and has received seven Hum Award nominations for her impressive performances.
- Yumna Zaidi was born in Karachi and brought up in Lahore, Pakistan. In 2016, she moved to Texas, United States to live with her family there.
- Yumna Zaidi was an introvert during her school days and never thought of pursuing her career in acting, but while she was studying in the 8th grade, one of her friends, Affan Waheed, insisted her to play a small role in ARY Digital’s 2012 domestic drama ‘Thakan’ as Mehak. Her first television appearance as Mehak was very much appreciated by the audience and the show makers, and she was offered a lead role in the melodrama ‘Khushi Ek Roag.’ She played the role of Aabroo in the show and became a household name in no time. Later, she was seen in the show ‘Teri Raah Main Rul Gai’ as Maryam on Urdu 1.
- In 2013, Yumna Zaidi worked in the television shows like Geo TV’s ‘Meri Dulari’ and Hum TV’s ‘Ullu Baraye Farokht Nahi,’ portraying emotionally intense characters for which she also got a nomination for the Best Supporting Actress at Hum Awards.
- Yumna Zaidi established herself as a lead actress in the Pakistani television industry by portraying the role of a troubled wife in the tragic romance ‘Rishtay Kuch Adhooray Se’ for which she won the Hum Award for Best Actress and Best Actress Popular nominations. Yumna is known for performing very extraordinary and unpredictable roles in the industry.
- In 2015, Yumna Zaidi made appearances in the TV dramas like Mausam, Madawa, Guzaarish, Jugnoo, Kaanch Ki Guriya, Paras, and Aap ki Kaneez, and gained several nominations in the Best Actress category.
- Yumna Zaidi has worked with Zahid Ahmed and Sana Javed for Momina Duraid’s Zara Yaad Kar (2016) in which she played the lead character Uzma Ikhtiar and gained a lot of appreciation for it. Later in 2017, she was seen in Hum TV’s ‘Yeh Raha Dil’ as Hayat, whose mother had died and father left her at a youthful age, opposite Ahmed Ali. Yumna and Ahmed Ali’s on-screen chemistry was applauded by the audience leading them to the nominations for the Best on-screen couple at Hum Awards 2017.
- In 2016, a crime drama series ‘Udaari,’ featuring Yumna Zaidi, was banned before going on air. Yumna raised her voice against the issue saying,
It depends on a social reason and we ought to make mindfulness in our general public through such dramatization serials”
- Yumna Zaidi has appeared in various telefilms including Subah Be Daagh Hai (2014), Shaadi Impossible (2019), and Raajay Ki Raaji (2019).
- Yumna Zaidi has worked with many renowned designers. In January 2021, She walked the runway for designer Aisha Farid’s collection Crystalline on Hum TV’s Bridal Couture Week.
- Apart from acting, Yumna Zaidi also has an interest in poetry. She refers to her mother as the inspiration for her poetry, her mother is also an accomplished writer. Yumna wants to publish a book with all the poems written by her mother in it.
- Yumna Zaidi is a music enthusiast, and she loves to play the sitar.
- Yumna Zaidi is a popular social media star. She has more than 4 million followers on her Instagram account.
- On 14 September 2016, Yumna Zaidi’s brother, Muhammad Shahzeb, gifted her a brand new GMC car as a gift for her Eidi.
- Yumna Zaidi posted a picture of the Indian veteran Actor Lt. Irfan Khan on her Instagram account paying tribute to his on his demise.
- Yumna Zaidi is a big fan of Shah Rukh Khan.
- Yumna Zaidi is a fitness freak, and she often shares her workout pictures on her social media to motivate her fans to adopt a healthy lifestyle.