|Profession||Actress, Beautician, Entrepreneur|
|Physical Stats & More|
|The Express Tribune Height||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||TV: Hania (2019, as Hania)
|Date of Birth||15 October 1990 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2020)||30 Years|
|School||• Resource Academia, Gulberg, Lahore
• Garrison Academy for Girls, Lahore
|College/University||Lahore College of Arts And Science (LACAS), Pakistan|
|Educational Qualification||A degree in Cosmetology The News|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Facebook|
|Controversy|| In November 2020, Zoya Nasir was slammed by her fans and followers for wearing a figure-hugging Halloween costume and embracing western cultural norms.
Reportedly, on 1 November 2020, Zoya’s boyfriend, Christian Betzmann, uploaded a picture on his Instagram account alongside Zoya who was wearing a figure-hugging Halloween costume. Hence, the Pakistani actress became the target of audience brutality and hate speech in the comment section of the Instagram picture for wearing an indecent outfit which did not qualify the standards of decent clothing of some religious fanatics in Pakistan.
As the comments began to pile up, Christian put an end to the intensifying negativity by posting a comment that read “For all religious opinions make sure to mention your concerns in your next prayers – HATE COMMENTS WILL BE BLOCKED!.” INCPAK
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Divorced The News|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Christian Betzmann (German Traveller Vlogger); ex-boyfriend INCPAK
|Ex-Husband||Name Not Known|
|Parents||Father– Nasir Adeeb (Scriptwriter)
Mother– Amna Ulfat (Owner of a Sasha’s Salon Chain)
|Siblings||Brother– Kamran Nasir (CEO at JS Global Capital Ltd.)
|Film(s)||Bollywood– Andaaz Apna Apna (1994)
Hollywood– Finding Nemo (2003)
|Singer(s)||Farhaan Saeed, Fawad Khan|
|Restaurant||Gai’a, Lahore, Pakistan|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Zoya Nasir
- Zoya Nasir is a Pakistani actress, beautician, and entrepreneur who rose to fame with her television debut Hania (2019) in which she played the role of Hania. She also owns salons in Miami, New York, and Lahore.
- Zoya grew up in Lahore, Pakistan. She is the youngest sibling out of the five siblings.
- Although Zoya began her career as a beautician, she always wanted to become an actress. In an interview, she said,
Around the ‘90s, acting was never even an option to be considered as it was frowned upon back in the days. So, I leaned on to the beautician part and channeled my love for acting, poetry and music into painting canvases. That was suppressed but I always knew I wanted to be an artist.”
- Zoya got married at a very early age and moved to England to live with her husband. At the age of 21, she got divorced and moved back to Pakistan.
- Before venturing into the entertainment industry, Zoya was working as a creative head at Sabs Saloon in Lahore, Pakistan. Later, after her divorce, she moved back to England where she worked as a product developer for a makeup company. Thereafter, she established salons in Miami, Boston, and New York. After acquiring a degree in cosmetology in America, she shifted back to Pakistan.
- In 2019, Zoya Nasir made her television debut with ‘Hania’ in which she played the protagonist ‘Hania,’ a compromising wife in a toxic relationship who suffered at the hands of her abusive husband.
- Zoya Nasir claims that it’s her father who helps her to master the craft of acting. Zoya’s father, Nasir Adeeb is a Pakistani scriptwriter who has chiefly worked in the Punjabi language films of Lollywood. In an interview, she said,
My father, Nasir Adeeb, makes movies so I basically grew up on sets.”
- Later, she starred in the Pakistani romantic drama ‘Deewangi’ in which she played the role of Narmeen Durrani. In 2020, she played the role of Natasha in the Pakistani television series ‘Zebaish.’
- In an interview, Zoya was asked “Do you have a hidden talent?” to which she replied,
I can make bird sounds.”
- On 24 March 2020, Zoya Nasir started her own YouTube channel on which she shares her craft with the audiences. On 31 March 2020, the actress made her YouTube debut with the video titled ‘MY GO TO MAKEUP LOOK.’
- In May 2021, she called off her engagement with Christian Betzmann on the pretext of the latter’s insensitivity towards her country, religion, and culture. She shared a post on social media to announce this. In the post, she wrote,
It’s with a heavy heart I’m announcing that Christian Betzmann and I are no longer engaged to be married. His sudden change in stance towards my culture, my country, my people and insensitivity towards my religion has lead me to take this difficult and irrevocable decision.”
Earlier, Betzmann, while sharing a post on social media, had criticized Pakistan’s stand amid the Israel-Palestine turmoil. In the post, he wrote,
Sharing something which is all over mainstream media won’t make any difference. Stop feeling guilty for others when you’re littering your own country, not helping your own people and community.”